It’s no longer surprising to know that certain celebs love having a little ‘work’ here and there to maintain fresh, healthy-looking skin and youthful looks. Let’s face it, a ‘whisper’ of Botox® or a ‘hint’ of dermal filler, when applied by a fully-qualified medical professional such as Dr Dan Dhunna, can mean the difference between looking ‘ok’ for our age and simply stunning. It’s also true that some celebs have taken things way too far and this can be the fault of a practitioner who perhaps does not have the experience of working with these substances for a long enough period to make sound judgements, or not being able to refuse a treatment if a patient is demanding it – sometimes to their detriment.
Dr Dan Dhunna is one of the UK’s most famous and well-respected cosmetic doctors and offers not only injectable procedures such as Botox® and dermal fillers, but new and innovative skin boosters, dermal peels, PRP, thread lifting and dermal airbrushing. His mantra is very much ‘less is more’ and believes that keeping a conservative approach, when it comes to anti-ageing treatments is the key to his undoubtable success. He has even invented his signature London Lift® procedure, for those who may be looking to have a facelift, but aren’t yet ready to go under the knife to maintain a youthful and healthy appearance and want a more natural, subtle approach. The London Lift ® is a unique system that combines Advanced BOTOX® techniques in the upper, mid and lower face, neck and jawline with Advanced Global Volumising and Recontouring of the face using Advanced Dermal fillers such as Juvéderm Voluma and then improves imbalances of texture with the use of deep hydration therapies. Further skin tightening and lifting is created by the addition of threads made up of either polylactic acid (Silhouette Soft/puppet lift) or PDO threads as appropriate.
So, which celebrities appear to have undergone a cosmetic procedure? And what are their thoughts on non-surgical treatments?
- During a 2014 interview with InStyle, Sofia Vergara was asked how she feels about Botox®. She commented “if it makes you happier and more confident, then why not?”.
- Kate Blanchet certainly looks as if time is actually going backwards for her, she looks so fabulous. It appears she has undergone some Botox® and some very light filler in her cheeks and possibly her chin and jawline. This gives her a superbly natural appearance and a refreshed, revitalised beauty.
- Cindy Crawford told InStyle “I’m not going to lie to myself, past a certain age, creams work on the texture of your skin, but in order to restore elasticity, all I can really count on is vitamin injections, Botox® and collagen. I have a very simple, healthy life, which works miracles. I drink a lot of water, watch what I eat and exercise…but I owe the quality of my skin to my cosmetic surgeon”.
- Debi Mazar frankly told InStyle “I have had Botox® and I liked it”
- Venessa Williams, when asked if she used Botox® responded, “I use it very sparingly, I want to look natural.”
- Christine Brinkley is a fan of dermal fillers in small doses, and has admitted to having Botox® for the bands on her neck.
- Linda Evangelista told Harper’s Bazaar in a frank and open interview “I was the first person to ever admit that I did Botox® and my Mom was upset. I said “Mom, everybody does it’ and she was like ‘Yea but they don’t say it’. So if I was the first one to tell the truth about using it then, why would I lie about it now?”
It’s true that amongst the actors and actresses of Hollywood, the rock stars and TV personalities, there still seems to be a need to be ‘hush hush’ about the work they have had and this also needs to be respected by any professional cosmetic practitioner. It is truly up to the individual as to whether they wish to talk about the treatments that they have undergone, or keep them under wraps. Here at Dr Dan Dhunna’s clinics, we offer the most discreet service and will always respect our patients’ privacy.
It’s refreshing however, that many celebrities and well known personalities are more than happy to discuss their treatments and to wear them with pride. Looking naturally beautiful but still respecting your age can be achieved and this is something that all the aforementioned celebrities have done in style!