Full, youthful lips with a defined border are the epitome of beauty.
The Beauty and Sensuality of lips have been celebrated since antiquity. Images of defined, full bodied lips have adorned art and sculpture from Ancient Greece, Egypt and India. Some of the most classic images of modern times also indulge the lips as their main focus.
But as we age we lose natural substances such as collagen, elastin and Hyaluronic Acid which give the mouth area and lips structure and volume.
This leads to
1. Loss of definition of border
2. Loss of volume and flattening of the lip
3. Loss of hydration of the lip tissue
4. Development of lipstick lines
5. Droopy mouth corners
To gently redesign the lips and overall mouth region, Dr Dan Dhunna prefers the use of the Juvederm range of dermal fillers made by Allergan, the makers of BOTOX and a world leader in Cosmetic Science
There are two ranges: the Classic Range called Juvederm Ultra comprises several versions that are suitable for lip enhancement. Juvéderm Ultra Smile is the original specific filler of choice for shaping the lips and replacing lost volume. For deeper folds or more volume and lift, Dr Dan Dhunna is very skilled at utilising Juvéderm Ultra 4 which is a thicker product to deliver more stability and structure to the lip and mouth area.
The latest Vycross range of Juvederm Dermal Fillers are specially designed to be smooth, natural looking and very longlasting with much less swelling than other dermal fillers on the market, making them the perfect first choice as lip fillers.
Juvederm Volbella is a standout product as it is the only dermal lip filler on the market that has demonstrated longevity of upto 12 months in the lips! It is so smooth and fine it can be injected out of the same size needle as BOTOX ®, yet maintains lift and durabilty! Exceptionally good for creating definition and a sharp silhouette, Juvederm Volbella is a great product for anyone considering lip enhancement.
If you’re looking for more Volume and a poutier look, Juvederm Volift may be your option. Nicknamed “Liquid Gold” for its 24 karat results, Juvederm Volift is more viscous but just as long lasting,however it is still so fine it can be injected out of the finest needle to produce the most glamourous lips on the planet!
Other options in the lips include the incredible Belotero Balance for gentle but natural lip design and Belotero Intense for sensational results and volume.
All the HA fillers used by Dr Dan Dhunna have built in pain killing anaesthetic making the procedure as comfortable as possible for you. Dr Dhunna recognises that everyone is different and so if required fast acting topical numbing cream can be applied or even a dental anaesthetic used.
Furthermore with the advanced use of Micro-cannulas, no needles need ever pierce the lips again! This reduces any discomfort, swelling and bruising. Dr Dan Dhunna also has an special “NO-TOUCH” lip technique which allows lips to be enhanced by injecting from outside the lips themselves! All these options will be discussed with you by Dr Dhunna at your bespoke consultation.
When it comes to lip styling, it is important to take on board your requests. It is equally important to look at the overall face to ensure that the lips are balanced with the other facial features, and to look at the overall mouth region. Doing so will result in a natural lip enhancement you will be pleased with. Dr Dan Dhunna has identified 4 major lip shapes. Not everyone will suit all four and some may require a combination of one or more styles.
I had Juvederm Volift injected into my upper and lower lips by Dr. Dan Dhunna. I cannot praise him highly enough. He took great pains not to produce an artificial looking result, and professed to be totally anti-“trout pout” or “the Essex lip” as he called it. He really took his time and it really was like watching an artist at work, seeing as they call him the Michelangelo of Botox and the Da Vinci of Dermal Fillers.”
– Farrah, Dubai
Dr Dan Dhunna’s Guide to Lip Shapes
- Classic– By treating the Natural Vermillion Border of the lip, lips become more defined and open, also preventing lipstick from leaking. This is a perfect shape for subtle lip enhancement and a perfect style that will suit everyone
- Butterfly– This style focuses on the top lip accentuating the central cupid’s bow and gently lifting the outer edges. A flattering shape for any occasion
- Supermodel– Get Runway Ready with this pouty design. Focussing on the lower lip adds instant glamour. Suitable for any fashionista.
- Goddess– The Ultimate Headturner! A full showy top and bottom lip to get you noticed. Dare to give it a try?
N.B. not everyone will suit each style and some people will require a combination of styles to suit their individual concerns
Perioral Mouth Rejuvenation
Treating the lips without looking at the surrounding tissues is like buying an expensive painting and ignoring the frame! Work around the surrounding lip tissue/mouth can be done alone or in combination with a bespoke lip enhancement
- Troublesome smokers lines can be softened with dermal fillers
- Overactive mouth muscles which can cause unnecessary creases can be relaxed with gentle microinjections of BOTOX®
- Folds around the corner of the mouth can be lifted with dermal fillers and PDO threads.
- Texture can be improved by Chemical peels or Medical Microneedling and Dermal-Airbrushing techniques
- Deep hydration and radiance can be restored with dermal filler and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)